This morning marked the release of LDC's bi-annual report on the retail and leisure sector, which is available to download for free here. Relationship Manager Chris Fowler was invited onto Radio 4's Today program to discuss the findings and the implications for the market going forward.
In the interview, Chris discusses:
- The marginal incline in vacancy rate of 0.2%.
- The decrease of units in the leisure sector, mainly driven by a loss of Italian restaurants and a slowdown in the growth of coffee shops.
- The churn in the market, especially where independents fill units previously occupied by chain brands.
- The polarisation of shopping centres between the top 100 centres and the smaller, more local centres.
- How the retail landscape is evolving and changing.
To hear Chris's interview, click here or the image below and skip to 1:20:30.